Brenda is an Associate in the commercial and corporate law and the Intellectual Property law Departments of the firm.
Her expertise in relation to intellectual property matters extends to contentious aspects of filing and maintenance of trade marks, patents, industrial designs, utility models and copyright. Brenda is also involved in legal research especially the preparation of legal opinions and submissions. She also advises on general commercial and corporate law matters including business setup and compliance, commercial contracts, company restructuring and capital raising.
She has previously been involved in the drafting of County Legislation for various Counties including Bungoma, Kericho, Busia, Kisumu and Kwale amongst others as well as preparation of pleadings for a number of constitutional petitions.
Brenda also worked with a Kenyan-based law firm on their joint initiative with Allen & Overy Global Law Intelligence Unit (Oxford).
She is currently pursuing accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (Advocates Training Programme), Kenya School of Law
- Bachelors Degree in Law, (LL.B), University of Nairobi
- Currently undertaking accreditation as a Certified Public Accountant
Membership and Affiliations
- Law Society of Kenya
- East Africa Law Society
- Intellectual Property (IP) filing, prosecution, maintenance, audits and risk management
- Contentious IP services
- Drafting and review of commercial contracts
- Information, Communication and Technology
- Media, Advertising and Entertainment
- Regulatory and compliance
- Tax advisory
- Legislative drafting