Lorna is in charge of the commercial and corporate law docket and the Intellectual Property Law Department in the firm. She is also a trade mark and patent agent.
She is a regular speaker and trainer in various Legal forums including the Council of Legal Education Seminars and Marcus Evans legal training seminars.
She has been ranked in the 2012-2017 lists of the top 1000 trade mark lawyers worldwide by the World Trade Mark Review WTR 1000 where she has been commended for having a keen strategic eye and is appreciated for having a quick turnaround time and providing sensible, concise and accurate information and advice. She is a recipient of the International Law Office 2014 client choice award for Intellectual Property- trade marks in Kenya and is also listed in the Managing Intellectual Property World IP survey 2014 – 2016 as an IP star. She has also been ranked in the reputable Chambers global guide 2015 and 2016 where she is described as “knowledgeable and always available to assist.”
- Masters of Law, (LL.M), University of Nairobi.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (Advocates Training Programme), Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelors degree in Law, (LL.B), University of Nairobi.
Membership and Affiliations
- Law Society of Kenya.
- Rwanda Bar Association.
- East Africa Law Society.
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Committee member 2014-2015, 2016- 2017.
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG).
- Kenya Association of Manufacturers Anti-Counterfeiting Sub-Committee.
- Intellectual Property (IP) prosecution, maintenance, audits and risk management.
- Contentious IP Services.
- Commercial IP Services.
- Clearance Searches.
- Business Establishment.
- Competition Law.
- Joint Ventures.
- Private Equity.
- Information, Communication and Technology.
- Media, Advertising and Entertainment.
- Consumer protection.
- Regulatory and compliance.
- Commercial contracts.