Jane is a Senior Associate in the commercial and corporate law and the Intellectual Property law Departments of the firm.
Her expertise in relation to intellectual property matters extends to contentious aspects of filing and maintenance of trade marks, patents, industrial designs and utility models and copyright. Having previously worked at the Kenya Industrial Property Institute she has a good grasp of the practice at the Registry where she was involved in legal research particularly in the preparation of rulings, legal opinions and submissions. In addition, she also has acquired experience in commercial aspects of intellectual property as well as anti-counterfeiting matters.
In the field of general commercial and corporate law, Jane has experience in the drafting and review of a vast array of matters such as consultancy and agency management, software development, confidentiality agreements, supply and distribution agreements and shareholders agreements. She has also gained experience in offering regulatory compliance services and has particularly been engaged in carrying out forensic legal audits for two leading companies in Kenya’s sugar industry. Jane is also actively involved in conducting legal due diligence, business setup and compliance, giving advice on franchising, joint ventures, outsourcing, maintenance and support arrangements and tax advisory.
- Masters of Law, (LL.M), University of Cape Town.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, (Advocates Training Programme), Kenya School of Law.
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LL.B), Moi University.
- Certificate in Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Membership and Affiliations
- Law Society of Kenya.
- East Africa Law Society.
- Intellectual Property (IP) filing, prosecution, maintenance, audits and risk management.
- Contentious IP services.
- Drafting and review of commercial contracts.
- Competition Law.
- Consumer Protection.
- Joint Ventures and private equity.
- Information, Communication and Technology.
- Media, Advertising and Entertainment
- Regulatory and compliance.
- Tax advisory.
- Legislative drafting.